Sunday, January 20, 2008

Our first time leaving the dog ..

After just the second day we had Kodi, we had to leave her on her own for the first time.

We had to go out for dinner and neither my wife or I wanted to leave Kodi. We had no idea what we were going to do.

We tried to put her in by herself before we left. we hid in the bedroom and pretended to be gone. After about 10 seconds she was crying and crying and we thought that there was no way she was going to be ok by herself.

I think that we were really close to drawing straws to see who would stay home but we knew we had to leave her at some point.

We set up everything before we left. We set up her bed, put her new crate out( thanks to Vic), put her toys with her , had food and water in the bowls and lined the floor with newspapers. I had no idea what was going to happen or what our kitchen would look like when we got home.

After a so-so dinner at the Water street cafe. I burned home to see if the dog was ok.

We were only gone for a few hours but during dinner the wife and I were trying to finish up our dinner as fast as we could and leave. I knew that Kodi would have to go to the bathroom, and i was hopeful to get home and take her out before she had an accident at home.

To our delight and excitement, when we got home Kodi poo'd and Pee'd on the newspaper(what a brilliant dog )! And found her sitting on her bed!

I can honestly say that was the happiest i have ever been to see a piece of poo!

All that being said my wife and I got to meet my sister's boyfriends mother for the first time. She is really nice! It was the first time that we all ate together and it was quite enjoyable. Even if my mom insisted that she try her cheesecake over and over and over again. After declining for about the 10th time i suggested to my mom that maybe she doesn't want any. Ha Ha that my mom though ...

Kodi also got to go to church for the first time. We didn't take her to the sanctuary though... i figured pastor Wards sermon would be a little bit difficult for her to understand so my wife stayed downstairs with her while i enjoyed the sermon on Revelations.

All and all a good but tiring day ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kodi is so smart and well behaved. I hope I have a dog like that someday! I want a German Shepherd.