Friday, January 11, 2008

Money can't buy me happiness ...

A little trip back to memory lane for me ....

Remember the TV sitcom FULL HOUSE? Uncle Jesse, Joey,Stephanie, DJ, Michelle, and the rest of the tanners? What ever happened to them? I recently saw John Stamos (uncle jesse) on ER i think... But isn't it amazing when that the 2 younger Olsen twins (Mary-Kate and Ashley)are now multi-millionaires and the rest of the people have all but faded away. I was curious so i Googled both of them and found a website. Not to my surprise its all crap, its stuff on how to dress better, bad hair days, how to pick up guys, what all the "cool" kids are doing ... ect ..ect..
If you were to ask anyone when the "Full House" sitcom first aired on TV, i don't think that anyone could have predicted that the twins would be so successful and be the richest out of them all. That being said how happy do you think they really are? I'm guessing that to be 20 years old or so and having just about whatever you want is kinda cool? or is it? i guess there's a lot of problems with that much money. But i wouldn't mind having some of those problems ... don't get me wrong its not that were poor or anything, far from it. But having millions and millions .... sounds kinda cool.
At work sometimes when we the lottery gets really really big, a bunch of us guys chip in a few dollars and pick up a ticket. And i think that the best part of winning the lottery is talking about it before it really happens ( this of course in not by experience, cause i have never won anything) we talk about the cars were gonna buy, the trips were going to go on, buying houses next to our friends. stuff like that... it's still fun to talk about even though its never going to happen.

Here's an old school song by the Jelleestones that has popped up in my head:



Money can't buy me happiness
But I'm happiest when I can buy what I want, anytime that I want
Get high when I want

CHORUS [Jelleestone]
Money can't buy me happiness
But I'm happiest when I can buy what I want, anytime that I want
Get high when I want
1.5 mil, I ain't gots to front
Money can't buy me happiness
But I'm not pissed when I can buy what I want, anytime that I want
Get high when I want
Japan to Amsterdam, mic in my hand

CHORUS [Jelleestone]
Money can't buy me happiness
But I'm happiest when I can buy what I want, anytime that I want
Get high when I want
Money can't buy me happiness
But I'm happiest when I can buy what I want, anytime that I want
Get high when I want
1.5 mil I ain't gots to front
Money can't buy me happiness
But I'm happiest when I can buy what I want, anytime that I want
Get high when I want
Japan to Amsterdam, mic in my hand
Money can't buy me happiness
But I'm happiest when I can buy what I want, anytime that I want
Get high when I want
I'm trying to buy my Moms a house, I ain't got to front
Money can't buy me happiness
But I'm happiest when I can buy what I want, anytime that I want
Get high when I want
Get high when I want, ha ha, ha ha
Money can't buy me happiness
But I'm happiest when I can buy what I want, anytime that I want
Get high when I want


God is good, has always been and will always be! HE has been very gracious to our families and has always provided for us. We have lots, more than enough. As i look around our house, i see that we( mostly I) have collected and horded tons of junk. Sometimes i think that we have been over blessed and have done nothing to deserve it. I have a great wife, awesome friends, a loving family and i have to sometimes step back and take a look at my life to not get caught up in material things.
For the people that know me they will probably get a good chuckle out of it, because we really do have LOTS and LOTS and LOTS... haha but luckily God have given us the heart to share what we have with our friends. What's ours is theirs ...
Hopefully I am still learning the value of letting things go, i hard but i'm also reminded of this verse in Matthew 19 16:30:

The Rich Young Man

16Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?"


17"Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."


18"Which ones?" the man inquired.


Jesus replied, " 'Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, 19honor your father and mother, and 'love your neighbor as yourself.


20"All these I have kept," the young man said. "What do I still lack?"


21Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."


22When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.


23Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."


25When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, "Who then can be saved?"


26Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."


27Peter answered him, "We have left everything to follow you! What then will there be for us?"


28Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

29And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

30But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.

Now to go full circle back to "Full House" do you remember this??

HAVE MERCY ....





this blogging thing is tough .... its like going back to school .. Phew ...

1 comment:

Claudio said...

Werrd!
We gotta be thankful... always, for what we have, what we do, where we live and what we live... even what we have not...
I'm competely in that...
God is good... and is faithful...
The sun is shining over my head, the wind`s hittin` my face.

Thanks God i'm alive