Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Go Green

As some of you might know, last year the wife and I purchased a Honda Civic Hybrid. I don't know if i was totally sold on the idea when we got it but we had got $2000 rebate (which still hasn't come yet) and we didn't have to pay the GST( or PST i cant remember which one .. but we saved the one tax). That was one of the major reasons that swayed me.

After driving the car for about 8 months i totally love it. I drove a Jeep YJ ( which i still kinda miss) but i didnt miss the $50 a week i was paying in gas. I got about 300 km with the old car. With the new hybrid we spend about $35 every 2 weeks! and on top of that we get about 650-700 km to the tank! My wife gets way better mileage than I do cause she drives it way better than i do.

I think it has changed my whole way of driving, i don't hammer on the gas and try to get from A to B as fast as i can now, because i am always trying to conserve gas. Also i try to keep my speed consistent. Which i think makes the biggest difference. The good thing about the hybrid is that the engine stops when i make a stop. So i don't waste gas sitting at stop lights and stop signs.

If you don't have one i would definitely would suggest you at least think about it, not only do you save gas but you can have a small part saving out environment.

The wife and I talked about getting another hybrid as our next car as well!

No comments: