Thursday, January 10, 2008

My first attempt at blogging

Here's my first attempt at blogging, i know that my wife loves to do it so i figured i would follow in her footsteps.
The reason i am doing this i that i had a friend that just got a computer ... not a new computer but a computer. His first one! and he's on the "internet" haha.. it seems kinda funny ...
I remember my first computer i think it was a 486 .. it costs my parents around $2500 to buy it. it came with a printer and a monitor!
Seems a little crazy how "technology" has taken over all our lives. It seems like we cant live without it anymore. Cell phones, TV's, GPS's, Video Games ... not giving away my age but my first gaming console was and "ATARI"
Here's a question: Do you think we are all getting dumber with all the new advances in technology?
On another note, i have had a very good year in meeting famous people! Or at least i think they are famous.
When we went on our trip to Chile with Samaritans Purse Wifey and I had the pleasure of meeting Paul Brandt and his Liz and Arron Lines and his wife Dana. It was quite funny because there were many people on our team that were very excited about them coming! My wife and I were both like who's Paul Brandt and Arron Lines ...??? But it turned out that these 2 guys and their wives were 2 of the nicest people we met. And in the end we were both huge fans! That being said I also met a gentleman by the name of Ben Fowler, i think he is a good friend of Paul and is some sort of music mixer for recording artists. He is also one of the nicest guys i have ever met! If i was a musician i would definitely ask him to mix my albums ( although i probably couldn't afford his services!)
Also i was lucky enough to have been on the pastoral search committee at RCAC and got a chance to help hire Dr. Ward Gasque! He is the new English pastor at our church and this guy is amazing! He knows everyone and everything! He has done so much in his life and i am in total awe that we were lucky enough to hire him! His wife Laurel is equally as smart as him ( i bet if you asked her she would say she's smarter!!)
That being said, i do miss PJ quite a bit and wished he was still around.

not bad thoughts for my first blog ... anyways GT congrats on getting a computer!

No comments: