Thursday, February 7, 2008

Gung Hay Rat Choi

Happy Chinese new year to all!

Today was the first time i left Kodi alone for more than a few hours. When i got home she was really good. no barking no crying ... she just came out and scratched on the back door ( her way of telling us she has to pee or poop. And tonight we took her for a walk and she is learning how not to pull on her leash as much. i think shes getting it but shes so excited to run around and play she forgets that shes on a leash.

On top of that i finally got a camera!! I have been wanting one for a long long time and finally decided to do it. I purchased a Nikon D200 ( which wasnt the one i wanted, it was too expensive) but i managed to get a really good deal. it was only about 175 more than the one i wanted. I really wasnt even looking at that one cause it was way our of my price range but when i was at the store, it happened to be the last one, and the new D300 came out so the 200 is being discontinued and the manager didnt really care. I think this camera is too complicated for me but i will take a class and learn. I'm pretty happy with my new purchase! It's not the lens i wanted but i think i made a better financial decision.
Its a hard thing for me to do, i never really had to "watch my spendings" when i was younger cause i had money. Its not that i dont now, but i actually think more about my purchases ... it guess its the good influence of my wife.
I feel a little bad/guilty if i spend too much, even though i know we can afford it. I guess its a good thing ...

all in all i had a pretty good day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude ... what are you doing? A D200 is like 1/3 of a half decent used GSXR ??!!